What are the school hours?
Full Day PK – Gr. 8: Monday-Friday 8:05 AM –3:00 PM.
PK4: Monday-Friday 8:05 – 11:00 AM for Half Day
PS3: Monday-Friday 8:05 – 11:00 AM for Half Day
Before and after school care is available daily for students in Full Day PK4 – Gr. 8
Do the students wear uniforms?
Yes, our students wear uniforms from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Information about purchasing and uniform exchange programs will be provided upon successful enrollment.
Does Notre Dame have a hot lunch program?
Students may order lunch in advance through the online lunch program. It is currently offered on Mondays and Fridays.
What extracurricular activities are available?
There are many different extracurricular activities for children that foster physical and mental development. Intramurals are offered for Kindergarten through 4th grade. Grades 5 through 8 play league sports against other schools. Sports offered include cross country, volleyball, basketball, track, football and cheerleading. Other extracurriculars include Student Council, Talent Show, Media Club, Mock Newbery, and Altar Serving, Scholastic Bowl, various Math and Science competitions. Older students also serve as lunch monitors, flag honor, patrol duty and student ambassadors.
Is parental involvement mandatory?
Notre Dame encourages parent involvement at every grade level. Volunteers are an integral part of the success of our school and a great way to socialize and get to know our community. All volunteers are required to complete Protecting God’s Children certification prior to their attendance in the classroom.
Can anyone enter the school at any time?
School doors are locked at all times. No one is permitted to enter school without providing identification and receiving a visitor’s pass.
Applying to Notre Dame
Are there deadlines for new applications?
Applications for the current school year are considered on a rolling basis. Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are accepted starting in November.
Class sizes cannot exceed 30 students. Students must be age appropriate by Sept. 1 of the school year. Admissions criteria are considered on a case-by-case basis and there is no formal admission exam.
How can I arrange for a school tour or more information?
Please reach out to the school by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any prerequisites for PreK3 enrollment?
Children must be 3 years old by September 1 and and potty trained to apply for PreK3. Children must be 4 years old by September 1 to apply for PreK.
Can I speak directly with someone?
Yes! Here are three options:
- Michele Grabenstein, admissions coordinator and school parent, email@example.com
- Meg Collins, school office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Paul, Principal, email@example.com
Ready to apply to Notre Dame?
What is the cost of tuition?
For a complete breakdown of tuition and fees please visit our Tuition & Fees page.
Do you offer any type of tuition assistance?
Tuition assistance is available to our school families. More information is available by contacting the school principal. We do not want financial hurdles to impeded families from joining our school community.
Can you describe any resources and enrichment available for students of various abilities?
Our Resource department provides a variety of resources such as:
- Administering standardized tests like AIMSWeb and Iowa Flex testing
- Maintaining Response to Intervention (RtI) 3 tiered instructional support
- Administering Special Education referrals to D181 for evaluations of student performance and skill
- Creating formal accommodation plans for students with documented needs
- Providing behavioral support in the classroom
- Collaborating with parents, classroom teachers, and the social worker to implement academic, instructional, and behavioral plans for successful student outcomes
- Providing additional materials and systems for emotional and behavioral support of students
- Training support staff
- Working with classroom teachers to implement action plans for students above grade level
- Organizing additional social opportunities for children across primary grade levels
- Collaboration with teachers to establish and support Study Skills curriculum
What Service Learning/Community Service opportunities are available for students?
Notre Dame instills a sense of stewardship and good citizenship through service learning activities such as youth leadership, Ministers of Care and family service opportunities.